Join Our Team!
We are seeking a full time Legal Assistant/Paralegal with 2+ years’ legal experience in the areas of family law and litigation. This position will involve a variety of projects and tasks to support the firm’s lawyers including but not limited to: client intake calls, client communications, maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research, drafting, preparing and filing legal documents, preparing correspondence, maintaining calendars/scheduling, managing attorney’s task list, processing billing, errands and other paralegal and legal assistant tasks as needed.
Initially, this will be an in-office position but we are open to considering a mixed in-office / remote schedule depending upon experience level and/or after an acceptable training and integration period (minimum of 3 months). Candidate must be local to the Tahoe/Reno/Carson City vicinity.
- Must have 4WD/AWD vehicle and be comfortable driving to Incline Village in all seasons;
- Legal assistant or paralegal experience; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is necessary for this position. Experience with Clio a plus.
- COVID 19 Vaccinations Preferred
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- A thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices, ethics, court filings, research techniques, legal terminology, and excellent people skills;
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, proactive with excellent project/task management skills;
- A good listener and communicator, able to empathize;
- Above average writing, editing and proof-reading skills, strives for accuracy;
- Responds positively to changes to deadlines, priorities, etc., and has experience working in a fast-paced or equally dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and a curiosity and willingness to continually learn new technologies; and
- Has a positive, outgoing, team-oriented attitude.
Benefits include a professional yet relaxed office environment; the opportunity to work directly with and learn from a partner; medical insurance; 401k (upon eligibility); paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. Salary depends upon experience. Please include references and salary expectations with resume.
If interested, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.